The Room One Client Advocate provides a full range of social work services to ensure adults, families and youth have access to community resources and pathways to meet self-determined needs. Responsibilities include assessing the needs of clients, providing direct social work services, and serving as an advocate and knowledgeable resource to the community for various health and social service issues, including domestic violence, financial hardship, legal assistance, and housing.
Duties and Responsibilities
I. Direct Services: Promotes the well-being of our Methow Valley neighbors through application of direct support service strategies: need assessment, crisis management, referrals, individual strength-based advocacy, skill-based group facilitation, program development, and coordination of community services.
- ·Provides individual advocacy-based counseling to help clients harness their own strengths, navigate social systems, and set plans for resolving problems and challenges.
- Provides culturally-centered information and referrals to public or private agencies and community services.
- Partners with appropriate community resources to develop strategies to meet identified needs.
- Facilitates workshops, groups, community meetings, etc., as required.
- Consult with supervisor and Room One staff concerning response plans for individuals and families
- Develops and maintains positive, trusting relationships with clients
- Provides crisis counseling and refers youth and families to community resources
II. Advocacy: Advocates for services and systems that support the well-being of all people living in the Methow Valley.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of community resources
- Coordinates and develops resources sought or needed by clients through cultivation of community partnerships
- Communicates with families, guardians, and stakeholders to engage them in strategies that enable success and overall well-being for clients
- Assists clients in gaining access to formal and informal community resources.
III. Volunteer Coordination: Engages Methow community members in meaningful and strategic volunteer work with Room One programs and clients.
- Assist in training, screening, recruiting, and interviewing of new volunteers
- Assist with duties related to volunteer training, tracking of hours volunteered, and volunteer retention
- Maintain current volunteer agreements, policies, and position descriptions
- Coordinate volunteer activities
- Lead annual volunteer recognition event
- Collect and manage feedback from all parties involved in volunteer activities. Share feedback with staff to acknowledge strengths and successes, and to make improvements for future volunteer activities.
IV. Administration: In partnership with Room One team, provides administrative support to ensure success, strategic growth, and clarity of Room One programs
- Continue to develop best practices for managing resources and client files.
- Complete intake forms and progress notes for clients requiring ongoing support.
- Update daily logs and generate reports for weekly staff meetings.
- Schedule appointments for counselors, family planning, and other Room One programs.
- Assist with Room One marketing of events and client programs
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in health education, human services, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to empathize and respond calmly in emotionally-charged situations.
- Solid understanding of the issues involved in organizing for social justice, and a strong commitment to meeting the particular challenges facing communities-of-color, low-income communities, and organizations working in rural communities.
- Experience with basic peer counseling, group facilitation, and boundary setting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with providers serving a variety of populations, including substance abuse populations, women and youth, and limited English speakers
Wage & Benefits
- 25 hours per week, $15/hr
- Includes health insurance, paid sick leave and vacation
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Anticipated start date: August 1st, 2014.