Job Title: Disaster Case Manager
Reports to: Lead Disaster Case Manager
General Description: This position delivers disaster case management services for the immediate and long-term recovery of fire and mudslide survivors in the Pateros, Brewster, Chilliwist, Alta Lake and Methow Valley areas. As dedicated, organized and equity-minded individuals, Disaster Case Managers work as a team to reach out to people in impacted areas, assess their needs, develop individual recovery plans, and walk with clients on their journey toward renewed stability.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
I. Case Management
- Conduct thorough and ongoing assessments of survivors’ needs;
- Provide trauma-informed support services and strength-based advocacy to clients;
- Develop, implement and monitor recovery plans with clients and their families;
- Provide crisis intervention and referrals to clients in need of food, shelter, medical, re-construction and other needs as presented by client;
- Applying an equity-based framework, implement disaster case management principles, policies and procedures;
- Report gaps in services and advocate for client needs to Lead Disaster Case Manager;
- Attend all required meetings and trainings;
- Partner with Long Term Recovery Group team to ensure clients access all appropriate and available resources;
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Develop understanding of all government, private, and community resources related to fire recovery.
- Advocate and interact with other service providers on behalf of clients;
- Assists clients in applying for and receiving public and private benefits, including through the Carlton Complex Unmet Needs Roundtable and the Carlton Complex Long Term Recovery Group.
III. Database and File Management
- Ensure case files are complete, accurate, and entered into cloud-based CAN database;
- Maintain current and accurate documentation of services provided to clients;
- Complete statistical reports as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Background in social service, direct service or customer service
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to empathize and respond calmly in emotionally-charged situations
- Effective at multi-tasking, prioritizing tasks, and project follow through
- Comfort using a computer and database software
- Strong file management skills
- Strong commitment to equity
- Great sense of humor and a desire to work in a dynamic workplace
- Positon will based in Pateros
- Position will require daily travel with personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement will be provided) to survivors’ personal properties across Okanogan County
Wage & Benefits:
- Up to 40 hours per week, wage depends on candidate’s experience
- Includes benefits
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. www.roomone.org