Are you a parent of a MVSD Lion Cub or Mountain Lion? Then don't miss these upcoming Parent Nights!
Facts, Feelings and Values: Talking to Your Teen about Sexuality. Event speaker: Tracy Flynn.
- 5th & 6th Grade Parents: May 11th, 6PM, Methow Valley Elementary School Library
- 7th & 8th Grade Parents: May 12th, 6PM, Liberty Bell Junior-Senior High School Library
With funding from the Public School Funding Alliance (PSFA), these parent nights are designed to:
- Increase your comfort and skills to talk with your children about sensitive topics
- Explore your own values and how these are shared with your children, both intentionally and unintentionally
- Create a shared definition of sexuality as more than just the reproductive system
- Explore why it is important for families to be a part of the conversation
- Get your questions answered!
Tracy Flynn, M.Ed. has over 25 years’ experience as a trainer, educator, and facilitator, including serving as adjunct faculty at several universities. Previous positions include Health Curriculum Specialist with the Seattle Public Schools, Training Director with the National CASA Association (a national nonprofit providing grants, technical assistance, and training in the foster care system), and Director of Training with PPWW. She has a passion for facilitating dynamic, interactive, outcome-directed learning.
Parent Nights are a joint venture of Room One and the Methow Valley Elementary School and Liberty Bell APT’s, with funding from PSFA.